Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sweet and Pretty in Pink

Being that it's the 4th Tuesday of the month, it's my turn to post on Craft-Dee BowZ!  The Design Team is working with butterflies, doilies and flowers this month along with the color "pink".  Pink has become synonymous with October and "Breast Cancer Awareness".  I decided to do something a little different than my usual style and I have so many pretty embossing folders and never use them...and it's time to stretch and use some of these craft items I've been collecting.

 
The embossing folder is by Couture Creations and I used pink White Washed paper by Co'ordinations and then sanded the embossed areas for the pink to show through. I used my Ranger Distressing Tool on the edges. The butterfly die is by Memory Box and I coated it with glue and then sprinkled Crystal Snow glitter by Stampendous all over it. The pearls on my card are from assorted packages in my stash. The sentiment is by Lili of the Valley and I used my Stampin' Up punch around it. So that you can put this card in perspective, the size of it is 5.25 X 7.5 inches.

 
My bow is a double loop and I used my Craft-Dee BowZ tool to make it. It was so easy to get the bow straight and the tails out straight using this tool!  I added this pretty button with the back cut off in the middle of my bow. Thank you to Donna at Craft-Dee BowZ for this pretty ribbon!

Have you seen the cards posted each Tuesday by a member of the Design Team?  If you haven't, please stop by here and take a look. And like you, we appreciate a kind word or two if you have time.

Since this is the last Tuesday of the month, you have just a few more days to get your card done and posted to the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge blog for this month's challenge of ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HAND MADE BOW. And I'd like to remind you that a bow made from a die cut doesn't count as a hand made bow. And, stamped or digital bows on an image's dress or on a basket don't count as a hand made bow, either.
 
                                                                                   Hugs,
                                                           Gail