Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Monday, December 29, 2014

Last post for 2014!!


Oh. My. Goodness!!  Where did 2014 go?  One minute it was January and the next it was December.  Craft-Dee BowZ had such a wonderful 2014 and we can only look forward to an even better 2015.  With that being said, I'd like to show you what I put together to end this wonderful year.

I continue with my obsession with Impression Obsession dies with this project.  I created a "picture frame" out of white card stock.  I then distressed the a separate piece of card stock for the inner portion using Salty Ocean and Sapphire Distress inks for the sky.  The snow was created by simply hand cutting wavy lines and pop dotting them to the bottom of the blue sky.  I added a bit of glitter to the snow 'cause I'm such a sparkly girl (hard to see in this picture).





Next I die cut two sets of trees by IO and I crimped the big pine tress and left the smaller pine trees as is.  These were glittered and put into place.  Before placing the trees and deer, I used peel-offs along the edges of the "frame".  I chose two of the deer to place in and on the frame, mounted the entire "picture frame" on blue card stock and added a bright, sparkly bow to showcase the entire card.  Below you can see the "diorama" effect of this technique.



Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you who have been supportive in following the Craft-Dee BowZ team all through 2014.  We couldn't have done it without you!  Happy New Year!

Donna