Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A quick masculine card for you...

Here's a rather quick card I put together (getting better, aren't I?).  I wanted to play with those Shimmer Sheetz that have been sitting on the shelf for many months.  So I ran a gold one thru the Cuttlebug using a Damask folder.  I then inked the raised areas using Staz-On ink (since the Shimmer SheetZ are non-porous).  The rest is pretty straightforward  with die cuts for the sentiment.  I added a lovely sheer black bow using my Craft-Dee BowZ and a tiny bit of bling on the knot.  That gold striped cardstock for the first layer is made by Marco Papers (another little item I've had for a while).


LOL!  if you look carefully, you'll see the image of my hand over the camera just above the bow on the left!  These gold Shimmer Sheetz are very reflective -- good thing I was dressed :).  Also the darkness along the left side of the card is the shadow effect.  This was a tough card to photographic -- guess I should go back to Editing 101.

Here's a shot angled the reverse way -- see how the shadow moved to the right?  


Well, I'll be back next week with a cute little St. Patty's Day project.  In the meantime, stay tuned for Amber Hillman's post on Tuesday.  These Designers of mine are doing a spectacular job, wouldn't you say?

Thanks for stopping by.
Donna